July 19, 2009

Please, introduce yourself!

JR and the Little Brat took off this weekend for the annual Roehl family camping trip to the Michigamme Reservoir...you can see lots of great pics of last years trip HERE! It's a whoopin' good time and all the family looks forward to it each year....Heck, the Little Brat jumped out of bed fresh as morning dew and wide awake at 4am to get dressed for the drive to the airport! Sadly, this year I was left behind...it's not all doom and gloom though, and there is very good reason why I could not go...I hope to share that good reason with you in 2 weeks time...hang in there! It's a doozy!


Anyways, I am not going to be spending a lot of time on the computer over the next week, so I though this would be a good time to ask YOU for a favor...I'd love to hear from all my friends and family that check in throughout the day and week....please, if you stop by, introduce yourself, and where you are from! Feel free to share your favorite camping story too! It will surely help me feel like I'm out with the rest of my brood instead of hanging out back here like a singleton...


I look forward to hearing from you! Here's one of my favorite pics from last years camping trip to put you in the mood...mmmm, I can almost taste the marshmallows!




Happy Trails,

Leah

4 comments:

John and Leah Roehl said...

Don't be shy...I'll get things started...when I was younger, we used to haul our horses camping with us...waking up and going for an early morning exploration ride can't be beat! Except for maybe an after dinner ride around dusk...basically, being able to hop on at any point of the day and seek out new mountain trails is just about the coolest thing a horse crazy kid could ask for! Camping without horses just isn't the same...

~*~Lysh~*~ said...

I had a long post typed up the other day and it vanished!! Anyway!! I'm Lysh - I live in Maine with my wonderful husband and our 3 little boys (who are growing oh so fast). I found your blog from a post in the PHJ Forum about LB - I'm not sure if it was the singing video or the Christmas one but either way, I'm now a faithful stalker....er, reader! LOL Onto the camping thing - I have only ever been camping once that I can remember, horseless but it was fun nonetheless. My husband is not a real horsey person so the camping with horses is probably not in my future, but I love being able to go out in the mornings, hop on my pony and just go for a nice relaxing ride from home. :)

Kate Hiller said...

Josh took us on a whirlwind camping trip a couple of weeks ago. He was supposed to be scouting for deer early in the morning while the kids and I went for a hike. Well we were way out in the wilderness and we arrived in the dark. I started to have all sorts of irrational fears. Bears, lions, and strangers. Josh was really going to LEAVE us? When his alarm went off at 4am or so I told him I heard trucks going in and out and didn't he want to stay and protect us??? He did! He was a little upset at my whinyness but we had fun. The lesson is don't show up at the campsite in the dead of night!

John and Leah Roehl said...

Thanks for stopping in guys! Loved your comments!

Lysh: I HATE when my emails or blog posts hit the bit-bucket!!! You are a better woman than me, sa I would have refused to even take a second try...I can be quite stubborn that way...I have to prove to technology that I am in control, NOT it.....hmph!

Kate: Hey there girlfriend....like you really need protection...phooey!....I've seen you hunting and fighting fires...awful nice of you to let your man think you need him like that tho....bet you got some cool points in the long run ;) I should take heed.....or not...hehe