August 03, 2009

Kids say the sweetest things...


It's 3am.
Precious Little Brat, from her bed, in about the sweetest tone I've ever heard.....not scared, not mad, just inquisitive: "Mommy", pause, "Mommy", pause, "Mommy?"
I can't ignore her any longer...I get up and walk into her room..I wonder if she's even awake, or if she could just be talking in her sleep..."Yes, love bug?"
Precious Little Brat: "Mommy, I'm lonely. Will you lay with me?"
I've never heard her use that term before, "lonely"....she's really got a way of pulling on those heart strings, ya know? So, I crawled in to bed with her and we snuggled up for the rest of the night...she's the best.
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this role reversal...where you find yourself cuddling up to your kids at night instead of vice versa...I could get used to it...her cuddles are hard to turn down!
Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: