October 20, 2010

Secretariat.....

We had a showing at the farm this past weekend, so we stepped away for a couple hours to give the potential buyers some time to settle in and get to know the place (keep your fingers crossed!)....we decided to go for a movie and found that Secretariat was playing down the road...I can't tell you exactly why, but I really don't care much for horse movies....it seems that a person , like myself, afflicted with the equine virus would enjoy these films...but I do not....ever since I went to see Black Beauty in my youth, and was disappointed to find the movie was more about the people than the horse...regardless, we wanted a family friendly film to kill a couple hours and Secretariat was majority choice...I have to admit I liked it...although times have not changed much...I still think it was more about the people in the film than the horse...nevertheless, it was sweet...funny thing though...as we were walking out of the theatre I asked the Little Brat what she thought of Big Red....her response was, "I wanted to watch nanny McPhee." Like mother, like daughter!

For my fellow Quarter Horse enthusiasts out there....the Freestyle Reining Champion was recently crowned at the 2010 Quarter Horse Congress....it just so happens to be a Secretariat look-alike...I have to give MAJOR props to the rider who maintains a jockey position for the ENTIRE ride! See for yourself!




Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: