May 23, 2011

I am a Phoenix.....FINALLY!

I JUST COMPLETED MY LAST CLASS in the BSIT/MVC Program!!!!! I am so excited to to have finally completed my 15 year journey to this accomplishment! I joined the Marine Corps shortly out of High School to make something of myself. What an adventure life has been since! I spent most of my five year enlistment in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. I took several college courses from Hawaii Pacific University, but active duty always had a way of pulling me away from my studies.

After my enlistment, I registered with Germanna Community College to continue my studies, but was once again drawn away by the responsibilities of work, farm, and family. I realized two years ago that my GI Bill would soon expire, so I figured that was as good a time as ever to get back to the books. I work as a Training Manager and Instructional Designer. Training has been my field of choice for as far back as I can remember. My husband says it’s because I like to boss people around. I say he’s a goober! He is grossly underestimating my unique ability to encourage people to perform the behaviors I wish for them to perform. I am fortunate to have found a course of study at the University of Phoenix that spoke directly to my career in Instructional Design. I am motivated by my clients, mostly active duty service members, who utilize the training I develop to make our country a safer place to be. Another motivating factor for my continued education are my children. I believe in leading by example. I also believe that the key to personal and professional success is knowledge. The more you know, the better prepared you are for all the trials and tribulations life has in store for you....For these reasons, I have greatly enjoyed the learning process!

I must admit though, non-stop classes over the past two years have left me yearning for a weekend without any homework due! I think I'll go to a horse show to celebrate!

Happy Classes,
Leah

0 comments: