May 13, 2012

A Birthday Road Trip for Randi!

The Little Brat turns 7 next week! In honor of her birthday and her relentless pestering for the past 3 years to get a kitten of her own, we are hitting the road! It took a ridiculous amount of time to find her puuurrrrfect kitten, but we did it! "Lilly Mae", aka "Mae Mae", is pictured below at just a few weeks old....she is a full 13 weeks old now and Randi could not be more excited to bring her home and smother her in love! So what if I am driving to MI to get this little lump of fluff...don't judge me...I'd do crazier things in the name of making life long memories with my kids...and I'm sure I will! See you soon "Lilly Mae"!
This birthday road trip brings closure to another exhausting and enlightening task I took on beginning last year! Finding the perfect pony for Randi to take to POA shows....we've traveled hundreds upon hundreds of miles to MD, PA, NJ, OH, and all around VA...thought I might be so darn picky that I might never find 'the one'....but I did....the only compromise I ended up having to make was to go a little younger than planned and let go of the spots....LB wanted the spots, but I learned that it is hard to have everything you want all in one pony....so, instead of spots we have a wonderful mind and disposition, excellent conformation, freaky good movement, and a proven champion! Meet our 3 yr old POA mare AKA What's Your Pleasure, or "Bree"!
Bree has been shown extensively in-hand as a weanling, yearling, and 2-yr old...as such, she has wonderful ground manners, has been hauled rigorously, and has been exposed to the sights and sounds of the show pen. This is all very helpful in getting Randi on her as soon as possible....she's had all the ground work done! I'll just need to work on putting some miles on her this year under saddle and hopefully have Randi take her on solo next year! They'll have 2 yrs together in the 8&under division to work out all the kinks before moving up to the w/t/c division....stay tuned for many picture and video heavy updates on Bree's progression! 
The truck is loaded up, the trailer bearings are greased and we are all set for a very fun and productive road trip for sure....feeling the WANDERLUST!
Happy Trails!
Leah

PS...Thank you to the following people for helping me make Randi's birthday so special this year:
Amber Dreyer of Kreier Kountry POA Farm
Matt Stutz of Exclusivecatz Cattery

0 comments: