July 21, 2012

Summer Schedule....ARGH!

Was just going thru our family schedule for the next several months...wasn't specifically aware of what all we have going on until I put it in writing....perhaps my own mind was blocking out the volume of commitments I have made in an effort to protect me from myself....me and my senseless desire to be busy...more than busy, actually...not sure there is even a word to describe this...I may need an intervention...here we go!

...this weekend is packed with a personal driving clinic with Priscilla Lane to ensure my rigging is correct as I start spending more time with Ms. B in her cart, Randi and her friend have a lesson to work on posting and diagonals, I promised a friend I would take some pics of her and her daughter at some point this weekend, I also promised another friend she could come out for a ride, and I may have to pick up our new POA gelding late Sunday or Monday...somehow, I think it will all actually happen...lol

Next weekend is a VQHA show in Culpeper...I told a friend I would bring Bo for her son to do leadline plus my two will be doing leadline and Randi will be doing small fry classes on the new POA gelding...I will be hauling Ms. B to school in the warm up pens....we need traffic!

The next weekend we are driving to WI for Family Packer Night! That is a whirlwind trips Thur-Sun with 14-15 hr drives each direction....still, it's the only time we get to see his family each year, so it's worth it!

The next weekend is our regional POA show in MD...all 3 of mine will show and I may even get Ms. B in the ring if she's ready...my friend said she'd come to help corral the kids for me....the trick is bringing someone along they are comfortable with...they are NOT friendly with strangers, so I can't leave them with just anyone...clingy kids!

Then freedom for 2 weekends....for now.

Then a POA show here in VA.....

Then 1 weekend off....for now.

Then a MD POA show....

Then the Bill Picket Rodeo....will probably ride in the relay for the United Horseman's Association again.

Then the Warrior Dash in VA with the family...

Then State Fair....if we aren't showing our ponies, we will at least go for the entertainment.

Then I am thinking about a road trip to the POA International Futurity and Sale...anyone wanna road trip?

Then a nice long break until our next POA show in VA over Thanksgiving week.....then we are DONE for the year with all major events!!!

Wait...I think the Equine Extravaganza is in there somewhere durign November....LOL

Mon, Wed, and Saturday I drive Ms. B in her cart after work....Tue, Thur, and Sunday I ride her.

Mon, Wed, and Sunday JR and I walk/jog after I finish working Ms. B and doing barn chores.

We go out to eat on Fridays.

I kiss my kids every other Tuesday whether they need it or not.

Dec-May I hibernate :) ..can I get an Amen?!?!

0 comments: