September 07, 2011

Happy Anniversay, eBay....


Yes, it's true....eBay and I have been an 'item' for 13 years and through 3 different user IDs (K-Bar Ranch, The Funny Farm, & Westwood Horse Center! Do your research and a little math and you will note that eBay and I join in holy matrimony less than a year after it was created.....how's that for a success story in long term commitment? Back in the beginning, I can recall browsing the entire EQUESTRIAN category in an hour....now, it would take closer to days!

Although eBay started as a place for founder, Pierre Omidyar, to trade Pez dispensers it grew it became an online mall for many full blown businesses. When I was stationed in HI with limited access to equestrian tack and apparel, I decided to check out eBay. Sure enough, I was able to find inexpensive new and used items to FILL my tack room and closet!

Since then I've branched out a bit more to buying and selling just about anything that I find myself in dire need of acquiring or liquidating....I've bought and sold items for friends and family as well...and in all these years, I've only had one ill fated experience...not a bad track record for such a long relationship, eh?

Just this week I was searching eBay for a set of items to build my 6 yr old's first tea party set...I wanted to go a little vintage and mimic the "Alice in Wonderland" feel as much as possible...I found this adorable Mushroom Table & Chairs at one of my favorite shops, The Gunk Gypsy...



I LOVED the vintage tea set shown above, so I found something very similar on eBay...



...and added some Hazel Atlas tea cups for the Little Brat and her guests...



Now I get to watch the mail until my fabulous little treasures arrive....this could be arguably the most exciting element of ebay'ing....the anticipation...the eagerness....the DELIVERY!

Thank you, eBay, for so many years of great finds and great fun! Here's to many, many, more....

Happy Bidding,
Leah

0 comments: