September 25, 2011

Rodeo Results!

Before I break down the excitement of our action packed rodeo weekend, I wanted to wish Jesse a Happy Birthday! Here's to many more, good friend!




The Little Brat and I headed out this past Friday for the 2011 Bill Pickett Invitational Rodeo....we got to the barn pretty late, and by the time we got checked in and settled into our hotel it was close to 11pm....I would have liked to have taken pics of our "fancy shmancy" (note sarcastic tone here)hotel room for you, but I had to conserve my camera battery due to my negligence in charging it up before we left....let's just say the LB about summed it up in one word: CREEPY....it was so bad that I just HAD to stay there in order to experience what might very well be the standard of living most persons in 3rd world countries must endure....on the bright side, we did have running water in the bathroom....it ran from the sink, the toilet, and the shower all night! Thank you for the memories, "Excruciatingly Low Budget Inn". It was just a place to lay our heads tho...at the crack of dawn we got decked out in our rodeo best and headed to the show grounds....UHA had several members ride in the Grand Entry...I opted to save our energy for the race so we could watch the opening events....the ceremonies were fantastic!





LB even got to participate....this was her very first rodeo, and she was STOKED about the Muttin' Bustin' competition....for those of you unfamiliar with this event, this is where small children (future bull and bronc riders) mount sheep like the big guys and attempt to stay on board for 8 full seconds....for the most part, the activity goes off without a hitch.....here she is waiting her turn.





...but then there's my kid...genetically predisposed to the laws of Murphy.......the ONLY child in the event to get fallen on and trampled....yep...that's my girl! There was no getting her back on for a second ride....oh well, maybe next year! Don't blink...the 'event' happens quickly....the follow up whimpering and sulking lasted much much much much longer.....






The relay race occurs towards the end of the rodeo just before the bull riding....here's my team running our 1st go...I am the fourth rider (at the end) on the little sorrel (Foxtail)....he ran his heart out for me....







...and here's our second go...much quicker than the first, but not quite fast enough to win it this year....






All in all LB and I had a GREAT time at the rodeo....the UHA members know how to throw a party and ensured our belly's were kept fully loaded....thank you to everyone involved, and especially to Marcus for loaning me your spunky little man, Foxtail! Looking forward to next year....



Happy Trails,



Leah

0 comments: