November 23, 2012

A Really Roehl Thanksgiving...


Those who know me know I have me a real super soft spot for food...so, it's no surprise that Thanksgiving happens to be my most favoritest holiday of them all! Except for Christmas, and my Birthday, and Easter, oh yea...Veteran's Day too...but, I digress! I started the day bright eyed and bushy tailed set out to prepare a feast to beat all feasts....and it was done....here's how it went down! After 6 hrs in the kitchen, I forgot the stuffing and gravy.....but I did manage to complete these delicious foods without burning my house down! Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, baked beans, ceasar salad & dressing, rolls, candied yams, home made Sangria, and turkey...gobble gobble gobble!




Sparing no expense, even the punks got china plates and breakable glasses...and nothing got broke!
 

We were so thankful to have Gpa Craig with us again this year...he left for the long haul back home to Cali Friday morning...we can't wait to see him again next year!
 

Speaking of giving thanks....these handy little kitchen gadgets were purchased from Pampered Chef more than 17 years ago and are still pulling their weight for meals like this one today....my apple peeler-corer-slicer processed no less than 24 apples this week, my mini-blender processed fruit for my Sangria as well as my caesar salad dressing, and my food chopper is a God-send for chopping onions and other veggies too!
 
 
Hope this finds you all happy, healthy, and well fed on this day after Thanksgiving....may your blessing be many, and may you appreciate your blessings completely!
 
Happy Trails...Leah

0 comments: