September 26, 2013

Come rest your tails at Westwood...

Westwood is now listed on www.horsemotel.com


Welcome to
Westwood Horse Center

Conveniently located
halfway between DC and Richmond
 & just a stone’s throw from I95!

3918 Guinea Station Rd.
Fredericksburg, Va 22408

Westwood is situated on 65 acres of lush Spotsylvania countryside. It is one of the original Historic Plantations located on Guinea Station Road, and the second oldest in the county. During a night reconnaissance at Chancellorsville on May 2nd, 1863, Stonewall Jackson was wounded by his own men. While being carried from the field, he was dropped on his wounded arm, and he lost around half of his blood as a result. His left arm was amputated, and Jackson was sent by ambulance down Guinea Station Road to the Chandler House, where he spent his final days. Gaze from the front stoop out to what must have only been a dusty country lane and you can almost see the dust cloud left trailing behind Stonewall’s ambulance. If you close your eyes, and listen to the distant whistle of the passing train, you can imagine yourself back in that time, where Westwood stood witness to this historic event.

Westwood boasts an immaculate eight stall barn with 12x12 matted stalls and plenty of shavings to make your special friend comfortable as the rest from their day’s haul. One stall is 12x24 to accommodate those ‘larger than life’ or mare and foal guests.


A tidy wash rack with both hot and cold water gives your four legged friend the ability to freshen up after a long day on the road.

The barn connects through a sliding door, to an 80'X120' indoor arena. Westwood also has a large outdoor arena and 70’ round pen available to you during your stay.

If a stall is too confining, we also offer expansive pasture area with a spacious run in shed or overhead shelter as an option.

Our rates:

$25/head per nite
$10 for extra shavings or shavings for your trailer
Free Trailer parking!

Listen to what others have to say about Westwood:

"It is our pleasure to recommend Westwood without hesitation. Leah's organizational and horsemanship skills are exemplary. When Jim arrived there was a bag of carrots in the stall (equine equivalent of a mint on your pillow). Leah emailed me when they were offloaded and even emailed me pictures when they were loaded up and leaving in the morning. My client really appreciated getting that picture of her new boy in his cross country taxi. She helped Jim load a hesitant traveler and helped me ease that traveler's mama's worry. I can't imagine anything better. Outstanding!!!!!" ~Layover Guest

"You couldn't ask for better hosts or facility. The place was immaculate with room for the horse to stretch his legs and for me to park my RV and stay. Leah and her children were welcoming and the girls even brought carrots for my horse and played with my dog. Loved it." ~Layover Guest

"Leah went way out of her way to take care of my horse. The facility is clean and absolutely beautiful. The Horse Center is close to the I-95 exit. I highly recommend it. Thank you for your great hospitality!" ~Layover Guest

"I love this super-clean, huge stall Leah.....the best horse motel I've seen in all my travels. We'll be back".....Nendrini the Horse.  ~Layover Guest

What I love about Westwood is the safe, quiet, relaxed, environment. Also, the ability to work with my horses year-round! ~Leah Roehl, Owner

What I love about Westwood is the facility has everything to offer and for any style of riding. In addition to that the place is picture perfect!~Corrie Watson, Boarder

What I love about Westwood is the relaxing peace and quiet to ride and spend time with your horse to lose all the stress and just relax!~Ginny Johnson, Boarder

Westwood is the answer to my prayers and I am grateful to you and the rest of the Westwood family! ~Susan Wood, Boarder

Nearby points of interest:

Fredericksburg KOA Kampground (next door)

Cosner's Corner Shopping Complex (3 miles away)

Area Restaurants & Lodging (3 miles away)

Please call or email to schedule your layover today!   JR & Leah Roehl 540-841-7868 leahroehl@yahoo.com

0 comments: