November 16, 2009

The winds of change are upon us...

....and there is no fighting the force!


With heavy hearts, we have decided to close the barn doors at Westwood for full-care boarding...we have experienced a cycle year after year where good stable help can only be depended on from 2-4 months...after the first month, they start to get lazy...then they get complacent....then they quit....we fill the gap until more help comes on board...they start off with a bang...then get lazy....then get complacent....then quit....the cycle just repeats over and over and over again....The difference this time around is that we do not have the time or physical capability to fill the 'gaps' anymore...with my growing belly, and JR's working hours, we just can't get it all done.....So, we made the announcement a couple weeks ago to our boarders...as of December 1st, we are down to our horses and a couple field boarders...


Additionally, I have accepted a new position with a small company that offers me the greatest (and most challenging) opportunity I have been given in my career...I gave notice last week and am excited for the transition!


My college courses are coming along well...straight A's so far...I've submitted a request to VA to extend the delimiting date on my benefits, but am less stressed about making payments on the remainder of my degree now...my new company has agreed to cover the entire expense of my education...I am SO grateful!


Finally, my belly is showing, the Little Brat is growing, and the old man is all-knowing! That about wraps up this update....


I'd love to share a shot of LB at her very first recital this weekend, but our internet connection is NOT cooperating...it took me a week just to get this post online!!! grrrrr


Have a great week!


Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: