November 11, 2009

Warning: Adult Content!

I kinda wish I had gotten that warning. Yes, indeed I remembered to show up to jury selection...and lo and behold, I was even selected! Of course I was...

I won't go into it all, but I thought you might enjoy this little nugget...a highlight of the days festivities, if you will...it went something like this:


  • Attorney: Can you tell us what you witnessed on that day?

  • Witness: Yes. The defendant was driving beside me on the left. He honked his horn, which caught my attention, causing me to look in his direction. At that time, I witnessed the defendant whip out his *edited* and stroke it.
....later that day as my fellow jurors and I sit down to deliberate....the awkward silence is palpable....I'm thinking to myself, "Seriously? We have to TALK about this?"...yes, we did.


  • Foreman: Well, I'll begin by saying I drive that stretch of road daily, and it's dangerous enough what with people using cell phones. He could have really caused a lot of trouble doing........THAT.

  • Me: I agree. He could have caused an accident. You know what they say....

....all eyes are now on me, waiting for something enlightening or intellectual, I'm sure....but YOU know me better than that ;)


  • Me: I mean, he could have gone BLIND!


....the 'ice' was broken....



I just don't know WHY I can't partake in one single event or activity in my life without something completely out of the ordinary occurring...Assault, burglary, or any of the multitude of other 'standard' cases would have been just fine...but noooooooooooooooooooo, I get hear all about the guy who can't keep his floppy-joe in his pants....sigh. Such is my life.



Happy Jury Duty!

Leah

1 comments:

Rocky Mountain Yankee said...

I don't know what to say other than that you made me laugh!