October 01, 2009

In trouble with the law...


I am USUALLY a law abiding citizen...really, I am! So when I got my summons to appear for Jury Duty Orientation, I willingly accepted my fate as a soldier for the court...it was my HORMONES that had other plans...cuz they are makin' me real forgetful as of late...the mornings are the worst..if my head were attached I'd forget it on my pillow when I get outa bed...my family, bless their hearts, doubles checks I've turned off all the burners and oven after making dinner....not without good cause either...The little brat has to sleep on daycare sheets half the week cuz it takes me that long to remember to take her sheets to school.....EVERY WEEK.....I can't take my computer home after work because I'll surely forget it there when I go into work the next day and have to work in the conference room on the community computer....seriously, it's that bad!

So, when I failed to make my jury orientation appointment, I was far from surprised. I remembered it, just several hours too late....so the saint at the courthouse did my orientation over the phone for me...

Then, when I failed to make my jury selection appointment last week, again, I was not surprised one teensy weensy bit....I remembered it, several hours too late....when I called this time, the saint at the courthouse couldn't help me....although sympathetic to my struggle with complete and total memory loss, the matter was out of her hands....

So, I tried to get a picture of the deputy that stopped by the house this morning to issue me my shiny new summons...but he appeared under the cover of darkness....I am required to now appear before a judge and be whooped with a wet noodle 23423534 times in the public courtyard...I suppose I deserve it....but, I PLEAD PREGNANT!

0 comments: