October 21, 2009

Twice Upon A Time....

We had our 15 week checkup yesterday...it was quick and painless...no ultrasounds to report on, but we did get some numbers from the fetal heart monitor.
  • Baby A: 152 bps
  • Baby B: 156 bps
I know there is no 'medical' correlation between fetal heart rates and baby gender, but an old wives tale states that rates above 140 are most often female, and less than 140 are most often male...I guess we'll know for sure in 4 weeks when we go in for an ultrasound!

Anyone care to place any bets? JR says I'll have 2 girls just to spite him...I say he's probably right ;)

I guess it's about time to start shooting some belly pics...I'd like to get a nice progression series lined up from 'barely showing' to 'Ungodly Ginormous'. this weekend marks our 4 month mark, and a slightly protruding baby bump, so stay tuned! If you can 'stomach' it...haha...get it? 'stomach it'? ...I kill me!

PS...I've gained 5 lbs in the last month...I guess that marks the beginning of the end. For the morbidly curious, that means I'm at 136lbs...that also means I can expect to hit 175 or more before it's all said and done....Lordsy Mercy! Doc says 1lb/week thru the second trimester should be expected...with the majority of the chub coming on in the third...I imagine I'll look something like this, less the perky little breasts...sorry, just keepin' it real!



Lord help us all...Gangway!

Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: