December 18, 2009

Santa Claus, sort of...

There's been a minor 'twist' to our annual Santa Claus visit...we NORMALLY catch Santa Claus each year before he hops on his big red fire truck and takes a ride in our Spotsylvania Holiday Parade....we've done it for 3 years now, and LB loves it because there are no lines (like at the mall) and she gets as much one on one time as she likes....this year, however, inclement weather postponed the parade a weekend and we had a conflicting commitment to attend our first Nutcracker ballet....still, I took a detour through downtown Spotsy after LB's ballet class and this is what we saw as people were prepping for the big parade!

...so we stopped for a photo op...but something just wasn't right...even LB notes Santa does NOT have brown hair....I simply explained that everyone, even Santa, goes through a crisis now and then...and perhaps he died his hair brown to appear younger and hipper these days....not sure I was very convincing, but she did take a pic with him for the sport of it....


...and then we were off to see the Nutcracker! I've gone 33 years without so much as even reading the book, so I was really looking forward to the experience myself...LB and JR were just as excited....but when it was all said and done, I think I can go another 33 without issue...even LB lost interest at about intermission...I guess we just aren't a 'classical ballet' kinda family...it will be interesting to see where LB decides to go with it all...she sure does enjoy her current ballet class...only time will tell!


Happy Holidays!
Leah

0 comments: