December 04, 2009

Thanksgiving Wrap-Up!

WE ARE HOME!!! Well, we were home over a week ago, and that's just how long it has taken on this broken ole' computer to get these pics and this update out to you! Pathetic, I know...but I'm givin' er' all shez got! HTey happen to be in reverse order too....from arrival back home to arrival in Cali...no way am I spending the next week rearranging them...you'll just have to adapt, my luv.

As you can see below, we arrived home safe and sound from Thanksgiving in California....even the wonderful picture that Dave Rhoades gave us made it without issue....check out his link on the left...he does AMAZING work! These geese in flight are stunning, and now find themselves on my office wall...


I love to capture the compromises we make with the tools we are given...JR was doing some reading on the plane and had not a marker to use....what for shall he do? Why, borrow his daughters crayon, of course!

The Little Brat enjoyed the views from her window seats there and back...

...and on Thanksgiving Day we were blessed with great memories of our distant family and friends...here is my sister's husband, Craig...LB thinks he's super cool...


....and there was lots of time for rest after our great feast....the girls kicked back (that's my sis on the right), while the boys did what boys do...normally, the opposite of what the girls are doing....it must be in the genetics, right?



LB and her cousin, Baby Cayden, got dibs on a kiddie table all to themselves! Lot's of 'he's touching me!' to be had with this arrangement, I assure you....lol



My uncle Ray and aunt Sandy were also on hand for the festivities...that my sis on the right again...she has good hair genes....

...and the matching duo are G-G-ma and G-G-pa in the kitchen doing what they promised they would not do....but it was their place, so we let it go....I mean, just look at them, they are too stinkin' cute!....and in GREAT shape too....it was so nice to see them...



...and LB sure does enjoy the opportunity to catch up with everyone as well...she had lots of time for each to share....here she is getting some quality time in with aunt Sandy (Gma Kathy's sister)...


...and she wasn't alone...Baby Cayden had lots of love to share as well!



We were in Cali for a whole week, so we got to squeeze in a little time for sight seeing...we opted to make a trip to Turtle Bay in Redding....


...what a great idea! Baby Cayden had never been on a swing like this before...and his enjoyment was priceless!


The punks even got to play on the rattlesnake habitat....oh, the excitement! Did I mention Baby Cayden was 2? I swear by looking at this picture he looks every bit of 4, like LB....he's all boy!


Then, we made our way out across the Sundial bridge...it's an all glass bridge that has a peak whose shadow tells the time....very interesting, and beautiful!


The aquarium was also a hit...the punks were able to get so close to the fish....they loved it!


....butt (pun intended) their all-time favorite exhibit was the 'Scoop on Poop' display....yes, you heard me.



....because you just KNOW that wherever we go, oddities MUST prevail!....and the educational value of learning how to say 'poop' in a dozen various languages is key to long term success in life...In Spanish, they say 'caca', btw. That's the button LB would NOT take her finger off of!


It was a site to see...and smell...and feel.....I'm just sayin'!



Good thing they also had this fancy water display to provide some clean relief for a bit...the punks thought it was 'magic'!


...and this see-through floor displaying the root structure of a tree was super fascinating to everyone...


...it was a good time for all...thanks to a new friend in Va for making the suggestion we go!



Gma Kathy had to work on Thanksgiving day, so we met her at G-G-ma and G-G-pa's place a couple days ahead of time....she doesn't get to play with both grand-babies at once very often!



...nor does she get to visit with her only best good sister...


But my favorite part of the visit had to be catching up with my funky, spunky G-ma and Gpa...they are so very cool...I just luv them to pieces...


..speaking of luvin' to pieces...just look at this kid...I could eat him up!



My brother, Travis, even made the trip...he's trying on some long hair I see....he also got good hair genes...woe is me.


....and we got to watch my sis and bro-in-law get their ride on too....a family that rides together, mucks together....or something like that...


This little gelding was just adorable....too bad I didn't have my trailer with me!


All this family time wasn't the only thing we packed in to this vacation either...I made a special trip to my old stomping grounds in Alturas, Ca....there, I made a couple key visits with ole' family friends....not to be confused with OLD family friends...cuz I'm not saying they are OLD or anything...no way....these folk could bust my booty....country folk don't mess around! Here's Don and Charlene Blair....looking pretty much exactly like they did when I was back in High School....


..and here are my best good girlfriends from HS as well, 'notthedecoratorkate' Kate and Jessica! Hot mammas!



...and here are all our punks hanging out...my oh my have we been busy! whoda thunk it?

...and here is a final pic of LB and her cousin as our little super-heroes....this is a keeper.


..and of course my sis had pups....but we did not bring any home this year!


Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Leah

1 comments:

Kate Hiller said...

I am thrilled you had such a good visit with your family! The pictures are great.

Good job not disclosing the secret location of the exotic flowers! That is for BFF only.
Give lots of love to your girl.