December 13, 2009

Twice Upon a Time...

It's been a month since my last update on the progress of our twin pregnancy....Lordsy Mercy, how time flies when you are having fun! Since then, we have learned the genders of our precious little punks...one boy, and one girl....cuz I'm diplomatic like that....we are trying on our favorite names now:
  • Sophie Rose
  • Codie James
They are VERY active about 20 hrs out of each day...as you can imagine, it was a wee difficult to get good ultrasound pics in such a cramped environment...Codie is on top, and measures just over 10 oz....his little sister Sophie is down low and positioned to be the first to enter the world...she measures just over 9 oz...they are positioned 'head-to-tail' if you will....as such, every time we would attempt a face or profile shot of little Sophie, Codie would do a butt plant on her head and she would squirm away....

Yes, it has already started....

The Little Brat got her first experience feeling the punks wiggling around...it was very exciting to her, and I think also a little weird...but in a good way...I think...she wants to keep a hand on my belly at all times now!

Here is a shot of my twin belly at 5 months and 1 week....if you compare to last month's pic, you can really see it filling out....it FEELS so much bigger than this picture depicts though....like MAC truck big! Anyways, stay tuned! Only a few more months to go.....

5 Months


Happy Trails,

Leah

3 comments:

Joanna said...

You have a Randy (Randi) just like me and now you will have a Cody James (Codie) just like me :)

Kate Hiller said...

You should have Randi keep drawing pictures of you when you post your update pictures. It is priceless!

You are adorable by the way :)

John and Leah Roehl said...

Joanna: Seriously? I did not know Cody was Cody James...neat...Codie was JR's pick...Sophie was mine :)

Kate: I think Randi nailed it...her bulbous interpretation of my massiveness is EXACTLY how I feel right now!