January 25, 2010

Twice Upon a TIme...7 months!

It seems that time is just flying by these days! I've reached the 7 month mark in this twin pregnancy and it seems like we only started this venture just yesterday! I have been experiencing a few tell-tale signs that I am getting further along now though...My belly has reached it's max 'stretching point'...I measure about the same as I did when Randi was born. The result, is that my belly feels like it is covered with a really bad sunburn. It burns and itches and any friction against it is just about as un-nerving as you can imagine! The doctor tells me it's the result of the skin stretching...and stretching, and stretching, and stretching...sigh...I suppose that means the burn is not going away anytime soon! I have been fortunate not to endure illness or swelling or a multitude of other pregnancy related ailments, however, I have been reaching the limit of my endurance more and more frequently as of late...my body is feeling the strain of carrying these punks around, and it's letting me know! My nights have become restless as I toss from side to side...pressure points I never knew I had are emerging and my sciatic nerve taunts me in the wee hours of the day...I'm starting to think about moving to LB's bedroom so JR can get some rest...he can't help but be startled awake as my whale of a belly heaves left and right throughout the night! Poor guy....
7 months and counting...

Here are the punks glamour shots at 7 months as well...they are happy, healthy, and more active than ever! I could sit and just watch my belly roll around for hours...these two are CONSTANTLY moving! Not the subtle moves and precious little kicks I recall from my first pregnancy either...I am talking full out olympic level gymnastics in there...it's a sight to behold!...and freakish too.


7 Months


~Sophie Rose~

2.5 lbs



~Codie James~

2.9 lbs




Happy Families,

Leah

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwweee... so glad to see them growing big & healthy. Thanks for the update!

Did the doctor suggest any lotion or ointment to help with the itching and stretch marks? I vaguely recall using a thick lotion with shea cream and cocoa butter to help keep the heebie geebies at bay.

Keep on growing~ for Codie & Sophie's sake. :-)

John and Leah Roehl said...

Hi Krys! I apply lotion as often as I can remember too....it helps with some of the itching, but the truth about stretch marks is that it's more genetic than anything else I'm afraid...so far so good though!