January 01, 2010

Wishing you...


It's hard to believe that 2010 is here already! It seems the older I get, the faster time flies! I sure do have a lot of fond memories of ole' 2009 though...I am thankful that technology allows us to capture moments in time to enjoy and share as often as we like...some of my favorite 2009 memories include:
That last announcement takes us directly into 2010 and a shift in focus to what lies ahead...BABIES!!! Sophie Rose and Codie James are expected in 3 months time...to date, we have not done much preparation for their arrival. Truth be told, we've done ZERO preparation! Consider it my New Year's resolution to get my booty in gear! So, being that today is the first day of the new year, I decided to set out to purchase the punks first set of onsies...these are officially our first BABY items purchased, atop a list of many many many more to come...they are so tiny, I can hardly believe the Little Brat was every this small...

...and buying for a boy? This is completely new to me...but I think I can get used to it...the cuteness is overwhelming!


...our car seats and stroller are (once we actually get them) going to be a black and white base...so when I saw this lady-bug pattern blanket set at Target I just had to scoop them up! No luck finding a Codie equivalent, so I bought him another sleeper to make up for it ;)


Here is a picture of the Bumbleride stroller that I am just GAGA over! It's pricey, so I'm saving my pennies...I ran into a young mother of twins just the other day and she was pushing her darling girls in one...she let me try it out! It was LIGHT, EASY to maneuver, and STURDY...it has adapters for the infant car seats too! I'm sold...Can't wait to bring it home.....and since I'm in the baby preparation mood today, I decided to start a registry at Target to list some of the essentials we are going to need after these punks arrive...a friend of mine asked that I register so she can organize a baby shower for us, but I'm not sold on the idea...after all, this is our second pregnancy...I always thought you only held a shower for your first born...what are your thoughts? ...I opted to do one for JR and I to better focus on and budget for our needs...it made it real simple to print off our 'must haves' and how much we need to budget for them btwn now and D-Day...
All in all, 2010 has a lot of new adventure in store for us...besides the arrival of Sophie and Codie, we plan on completing a couple more large projects here at Westwood and then putting it up for sale....our goal will be do downsize somewhat in an attempt to transfer some of the time we currently spend on 'farm' stuff to time we want to be spending on 'family' stuff...The Little Brat will be adding formal riding lessons to her activity schedule as well...this, plus the fair weather horse shows are sure to keep us very busy while juggling the punks...The Little Brat also starts Kindergarten this year....my oh my does the year ahead pack some punches!
....but, I'm not skeered....bring it on 2010!
Happy New Years!
Leah

1 comments:

Kate Hiller said...

Let your friends throw you a shower! You can have a shower for your second/third...it is just a chance for everyone to shower you with love. (spoil you)

How are you doing? XOXOX