June 14, 2009

Fancy Training Update!

I have good news to share...Fancy is coming along great! After a so-so visit last month, she's proven she's back in the game now...and she looks better than ever! We found her in her stall after we arrived, so we took some time to dode over her before her workout...one of my favorite things about this mare is her disposition...she is so sweet and kind...it is so common for mares to be on the fussy side, but not this one! After getting some quality spa time in (to include LOTS of booty scratching....her favorite!), we found Julian and then headed up to the track...

Julian has really done a fantastic job so far with Fancy....he's bringing her along at a good pace, and taking into consideration when he should push her and when he should wait....they are such a great team and you can tell the admiration and respect is mutual between these two...here they are working some circles....


Here's a clip of Julian and Fancy...can you see the difference in her lope? Chech out their fast and slow transitions at about 2:40...these are brand new!




Here's aJulian working on some turns...they are getting quicker and more accurate now!


Notice the BIG improvement on her spin to the left this month...she was really struggling with it at our last visit...she still has a ways to go, but I love to see the progress! Also, check out the palomino in the background at 1:05 and 1:20....pretty fancy, eh?





Finally, I got to hop on board! Julian is a great coach, and straightened me out right away....lol...he better be careful, I may become co-dependant!


Fancy is such a fun horse to ride...my turns weren't near as sharp as Julian's, but my circles weren't to shabby...what do ya think?



Last but not least, I had the Little Brat with me this trip and she even got some saddle time on Lil' Ms. Fancy....



It was a great trip, and I am really looking forward to our next visit! We are planning on heading up again on August 1st....stay tuned!

Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: