June 29, 2009

Garden Update......THE INSANITY!

Who's idea was it, anyways, to grow a gargantuan garden?!?!?


Every other day, this is what awaits us...That's right, every 2 days! I am taking grocery bags of Cucumbers and Squash to work every day...we have filled our spare freezer with peas and snap beans and are running out of options for storage....the kids have started a driveway farmers market in town.....Gma Kathy and JR's fingers are raw from picking and my shoulders are sore from carrying...when will this insanity STOP!?!?

Call me crazy, but we are seriously considering adding a few more plants next year and having Gma Kathy run a sort of farmers market-like vegetable stand all summer long in the front hay field...we have lots of traffic passing by and the KOA next door...LOTS of potential consumers! I think this 'little' garden may just be the Little Brat's meal ticket to college!

Happy Gardening,
Leah

4 comments:

~*~Lysh~*~ said...

That looks and sounds WONDERFUL!! Up here we plant a lot later than you guys do so my plants have barely begun and my cucumber, zucchini and yellow summer squash oh and beans all rotted in the ground with all of this rain we've had!

John and Leah Roehl said...

I you hit the nail on the head..the RAIN has definately been a major factor in this super-sonic production we are getting!

Anonymous said...

Who filled up the shopping carts, oh, shopping troley with seedlings, huh, Leah? And you still havnt peeped a word about the pumpkins and watermelons "aplenty" in the making....Someone told me we planted pumpkins too early,,,DUH

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin pics a commin.....already prize winning sizes out there growing as I type....