June 29, 2009

Spotsylvania Spectacular!

Gma Kathy, the Little Brat, and I wandered on down to the 2nd Annual Spotsylvania Stars and Stripes Spectacular on Sunday...There were numerous booths, activities, games and displays as far as the eye could see, and we saw them all! I think the Little Brat must have bounced her way around 72427485737 moon bounces alone....Lordsy Mercy was it a site to see! Our favorite feature of the day was a show called Reptiles Alive, for several reasons:
  • The presenter was a woman more enthusiastic about her job than a pig in mud after a long summer drought.
  • The reptiles and amphibians shown were AMAZING...and scary!
  • ...and this little boy could not take his eyes off the Little Brat! hahahahaha

Here he is again...he would just walk right up and stare at her....not a word spoken.

Just like this....but LB just wasn't feeling it...


...and the only thing that would make him go away is if you yelled at him "AUSTIN!" (we heard his mom yelling that at him earlier when he was annoying other children)...to which he responded with a silly little shuffle-jig backwards, then he'd run away....he was the silliest thing!

On our way out we enjoyed some colonial games similar to what we saw in Williamsburg last week (but this time I have pics!)....I was hanging out, chattin' it up with my homegirls...I was experiencing some pretty severe wardrobe envy tho...those dresses were way too cool....
While mommy mingled with the women folk, the Little Brat worked at keeping this wooden wheel spinning...
...and Gma Kathy wasn't too bad at it either...
But I had them all beat on my stilt-o-matics....look at me go!

..and then it was time to go....and for all of you with children, you know what I am getting at....we call this WHINE-TIME...so as we passed the old jail house on our way back to the car, I threatened my daughter that I would leave her here to wallow in her self pity all alone if she did not stop fussing...like any good mother would, of course....and I meant it!


But she dried it up, so I let her out....this time.....

Happy Trails!
Leah

0 comments: