May 02, 2009

Fancy Update: BABY STEPS...

While JR and the brats went to a baseball game today, Gma Kathy and I opted for a trip up to MD to see how Fancy was coming along....The road trip was uneventful and the weather was dreary...the skies stayed gray throughout the day, and sprinkled on us off and on all the way up there....it was just going to be 'one of those days'.....Julian got the little lady out and took her to the indoor to try and avoid the mud and muck in the outdoor arena caused by the sporadic downpours....

We seem to have hit our first 'slow-down' point in her training....I noticed right away she had gone thru a growth spurt over the past month...that's expected at her age...her hip has shot up about an inch above her shoulder....as a result, she a bit out of balance, and carrying herself heavier on her forehand.....it was apparent in almost every maneuver she performed....Julian was the consummate professional tho....I could tell he was a bit frustrated, and wanted to show her to me in better form, but I completely understand what we are dealing with here....when it comes to these young ones, you have to be prepared to deal with their mental and physical limits as they grow....now is the time to go back and just reiterate her training up to this point...then, when she gets her balance back, push her on to bigger and better things....all said, she has still come a good ways since my last visit.....I'm happy with her progression.


All in all I thought it was a good day.....Julian let me ride her around for the first time today...that was great! We jogged and loped, stopped and spun....her turns are really coming along...I think she's going to be a real nice ride when everything is said and done....


Here's a clip of Julian working on Fancy's turns...


Here's a clip of my loping circles...

And here is a pic of the freaky kitty that was staring Gma Kathy down while we were there....look at those eyes.....I think he wanted to pounce!

Happy Trails....
Leah
PS...I'll try to get some video posted shortly!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see her video!!!
corey