May 20, 2009

Birthday Update!



WOW! What a weekend! It's taken me all the way to Wednesday just to recover! As most of you know, May 17th is a huge day in our family. It is the day that both JR and the Little Brat came into this world! Yes, she's been a daddy's girls from day#1....you can't suck up any more than to be born on your daddy's B-Day! So we spent Saturday at Kings Dominion....7 hours.....yes, 7! We went on every ride twice, and some even more!

Below, Randi fell in love with this ginormous Scooby toy....



All daddy had to do was hit this thing hard and it was allllll hers! To be honest, I think it was rigged...he did hit it pretty hard, but no toy for the Little Brat...maybe next year!


One our favorite stops was the Scooby-Doo haunted house....one of LBs all-time favorite shows is Ghost Hunters, so she was extremely excited to get to do a little ghost hunting of her very own!!!

And lo and behold Patrick was there!!! Awwww, it was love at first site....

We had so much fun! Now and then we took a break to do a little 'people watching'...there must have been a band and choir sing-off event nearby, because there were lots and lots and lots of colorful groups there!



We ended up home around 10pm...sheesh! What a day! On Sunday I woke everyone up with some good ole Biscuits and Gravy......MMmmmMMM....then we opened some presents...LOTS of presents! Kaiti andTyler scored BIG with giving his old man a signed photograph of his man-love, Brett Favre, and giving Randi a bug catcher!!! Perfect!

Then we all went to the barn for some family horseback riding! I didn't expect that, so I apologize I did not get any pics to share....JR and the Middle Brat pulled out Clementine, while LB and her big sister shared Bo...it was great! And hilarious.....
We finished up the day with a home-made cake with chocolate icing and lots of rainbow sprinkles....it was the event of the year.....I get exhausted all over again just thinking about it!
Happy Trails,
Leah

1 comments:

glass said...

Leah-

Your family is beautiful! How old is your little one? Mine are 6(well 7 on June 10) and 5 1/2. Your party sounded fun. I went to Kings Dominion in the 6th grade when I lived in VA. It was so fun. I have pictures of my dad & I going down the big slides.

Brandie
http://glass-family.blogspot.com