April 15, 2010

A Spring Break Dry-Run...

Spring Break came and went like the wind this year! This was the first year we have technically recognized 'spring break' as family unit...with the Little Brat headed to Kindergarten this fall, I figured it would be a good idea to do a dry run...in the coming years, I suspect spring break will include a family vacation of some sort...for this 'practice' year, we just hung around the house...top of the agenda, was SLEEP!

LB got plenty of it...

Sophie got plenty of it...


CJ got plenty of it...


...CJ seems to really enjoy his sleep, actually...


...and note there are no pics of mommy and daddy napping...somehow I came up on the 'sleep deprived' list...could have something to do with having two brand new infants in the house....and daddy had 'spring chores' to get done! Mainly, he took to painting, and scraping all the windows on the house in preparation for the installation of our new storm windows in the coming week(s)...here's my view of my handsome man hard at work outside my cell, I mean nursery...


While daddy was hard at work outside, I was hard at work assimilating the punks to their new living arrangements, eat/sleep/poop/pee schedule, and grooming standards....they've been excellent pupils and are on track on all fronts...they especially liked their grooming lesson...aka- First Bath...it put CJ to sleep...like everything else!
Sophie, on the other hand, was not quite sure what to think...happy? confused? startled? Can you name that face?


There was a mighty little storm blowing through one day, so daddy took the opportunity to get a little kite flying in with the Little Brat....I am not sure who had more fun!



The view from my cell, I mean nursery was a comical one...the two of them out there frolicking around in 30+ mph winds...when they came back in they were exhausted! Then, we got to watch the rain and thunder roll over...very cool...it was in and out in less than 10 minutes...I just love those quickie storms....just wish we had a porch to watch them from....all good things in time!


Daddy and LB did spend some time with mommy and the punks...here they are getting some quality girl time in...

...and LB has proven to be a super bottle-feeder and diaper-thrower-awayer along with many other important big sister duties...this girl is baby crazy! Twice this week she got up to go to the bathroom and stopped by their crib to 'check' on them late at night...she has really taken to the role of bib sis like a duck to water...

...and when I have a free hand, I have enjoyed capturing some great pics of the family, and more specifically the punks, and even more specifically, their PIGGIES! Lord have mercy, have you EVER seem more edible, pinchable, kissable piggies in your life?


I just loooooooooove me some piggies...


Outstretched piggies? Even better! baby ankles come a close second in crazy cuteness to baby piggies...


...but I digress...
I'd have to say that our Spring Break dry run was a complete success...fun, family, and even a little home improvement to boot...life is good.
Happy Trails,
Leah

1 comments:

Kate Hiller said...

It makes me want a nap just seeing all of that baby coziness.
It sounds like things are going well?
"Oh the blessings the Lord bestows, ten little fingers and ten little toes"....X 2 of course!