May 15, 2010

Assume the position...


The Little Brat participated in her first ballet recital this weekend! She's really taken to it...I know just about nothing when it comes to ballet, except that they learn various positions for their bodies to contort into. This recital was a consolidation of said positions with music and lots of twirling! I'll do my best to walk you through the positions...like this one...the spread eagle...


..and this...the invisible bear hug...


and one of my absolute favorites...the bow-legged-hands-on-hips-like-you-own-it stance...




...but nothing is as classical as this pose...the music box ballerina...


How am I doing? Am I getting any of these positions correct? Oh well, she's the ballerina, not muah...I just sit back and watch as the class takes on their tribute to Superman...up, up, and away!



..and then cover their heads in an ode to Chicken Little...


..and at the conclusion of this phenomenal performance, each of these darlings got a crown befitting a pint size prima ballerina....and the Little Brat just could not wait to share the moment with the preemie ballerina herself, Sophie...



...it was a great family moment....even if I do have no clue what's going on up on that stage! I'm still as proud as a momma could be of the kid.



Happy Twirling!
Leah

1 comments:

Kate Hiller said...

You crack me up! Where were you when they invented ballet names? I think you are hiding some ballerina genes in there somewhere....Randi looks beautiful! It must be that long legged guy you married.

I am sorry to say that my girl looks a bit more robotic in her movements. I am trying to tell her to put some gracefulness and smoothness in her moves! We'll see...recital in two weeks.