August 23, 2010

Fancy's First Show!

Gma Kathy and I hit the road this past weekend for our favorite local show at Rosemont. The District IV Virginia Arabian Horse Association (VAHA) really knows how to put on a show. The staff is super nice and the exhibitors are top notch! It's a great environment to have some fun with our four-legged friends! This was Fancy's first show, and I have not had much time to do much with her since she returned from the reining trainers....she came home with a solid start, but not near as far along as I'd hoped she would be...Therefore, I started the day off nice and easy with some Showmanship...we ended up winning it! She got her square ups and cooperated well with her pivots....good girl!


This pic was from day two in Showmanship...as you can see, she was not as cooperative at squaring up...it was good enough for a second place finish though...


...I love when a horse marches in step with me :)



...not too shabby for a beginner.



Gma Kathy brought Potter along and kicked some bootie in Horsemanship and Equitation...




Fancy showed great potential in trail...she took the logs and back throughs like a pro...this was only a walk/jog course though....we'll have to work up to loping next year.




I decided to lope the reining pattern at the end of the day so I could get a little spinning in...I knew going in that she did not have a lead change, but we did what we could...our circles went well....



..I love the wind in my face!



...my favorite part, the spin! She has a real nice turn on her...better than I expected, as this did not come easy for her.


...at the end of the day, the ponies pose in front of their loot! It was a good weekend :)



Looking forward to our next show in October....hope to polish up our pattern classes a little more (Showmanship, Trail, Hosemanship)...if I can get our transitions and lead changes solid, we may be pretty competitive! Stay tuned!
To catch up on Fancy's long road to the show pen, read HERE.
Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: