March 10, 2010

Fat-Chick-Ona-Tractor...

It should be interesting to see what sort of key word searches end here based on that blog title!



I climbed my baby-baker on the ole' John Deere this weekend to do some work on the driveway...I must admit I was hoping the bouncing about would help encourage these punks to high tail it into this world.....no such luck. So I set forth to tackle all the potholes and crevasses left behind by our record snowfall and resulting watershed this year...here is a shot of the driveway to the main road while sitting with my back at the house....the driveway continues behind be on down to the barn...half a mile of dirt and gravel that needs some 'manicuring' at least every couple months to cut down on wear and tear to our vehicles....

Here's a shot of a few of those aforementioned potholes now...they don't look nearly as annoying as they really are...there are so many and they are so deep that we play a daily game of hit and miss trying to avoid them! Well, JR does anyways...I say the faster you go, the more you can fly over.....I'm not a big on the bob and weave...


After a few passes, we start to see those buggers fade away...


..and after a few more passes with the JD and my best friend (the box blade), those car crippling obstacles are all gone!



All in all it took about an hour to level half a mile of gravel driveway...not bad for my pokey pregnant self....I still can't believe these punks were completely unaffected though...to the contrary, I think it actually settled them...I got the best nights rest in MONTHS!
Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: