March 22, 2010

Twice Upon A Time...37 Weeks!


37 weeks along this week...full term for twins....and still not a single sign or symptom of our impending labor and delivery!!!
I do have an update though...we went to our weekly appointment yesterday to find that the punks are measuring in at a whopping 6 lb 8 oz (Sophie) and 6 lb 2 oz (CJ)!!! That is almost 13 lbs of baby in this belly...Lord Have Mercy!...Basically, I am growing two average sized punks in there...both are well above the average growth for twins...not excessively so, or enough to cause concern for the Doctors.....but these two are definitely over-achievers....sigh...at this rate, they will weigh as much, if not more than Randi when she was born at 40 weeks (on the dot)...Therefore, we have scheduled an induction for the end of next week...all signs point to healthy babies ready to enter this world, so we may need to give them a little medical encouragement if they don't get moving before then...
I am currently dilated to 1 cm...nothing spectacular there...my OB did strip my membranes yesterday to help the process along and warned of spotting and cramping...I called my mom and she said it was enough to send her into labor with me....I have yet to feel any impact from the procedure though....well, there was that one shooting pain I had early this morning that gave me cause to think "Is this IT?????"....but my hopes were quickly dashed when all that was produced from the discomfort was gas...sorry guys, just keeping it real!
Soooooo, stay tuned...I'm hoping to be with children by the end of the week, but if all else fails, April 1st may be the big day!
Happy Families,
Leah

4 comments:

Rocky Mountain Yankee said...

My OB stripped my membranes with my daughter at like 10 in the morning, by 12:30 that night my water had broken. Hopefully the little punks make their entrance soon, those last few weeks are miserable. And I only had the one!

John and Leah Roehl said...

Girlfriend, you are one of the lucky ones...nothing happening here...nothing at all! In fact, I'd venture to say that I feel physically better and more energaetic than I did last week! ...sigh...

Kate Hiller said...

"I feel physically better and more energaetic than I did last week! ...sigh..."

That sounds like the calm before the storm. Baby love could be coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!

John and Leah Roehl said...

I embrace the storm...the storm does not feel the same at this point...lol..not feelin' the luv!