November 30, 2008

BANJO ALERT!


I let the goats out of their pen Saturday morning, like I do every weekend. It gives them a chance to munch on some fresh greenery and spend some time with their best pal, Blue Dog...they romped and played all day Saturday, like normal....late Saturday night, I heard Blue Dog barking...at that hour, that would normally indicate one of two things...a horse or horses are loose, or company has arrived (expected or unexpected).

I got up and verified no horses were out, and that we had no company, and went back to bed....you see, from time to time Blue Dog will just bark....I've woke up to him standing at the fence, barking at Treasure on the the other side....for no other reason than to annoy him, and everyone trying to sleep at that time....that is a rare occurrence though, so I tend to take his late night barking seriously enough to check it out...even if he cries wolf from time to time.

When I went out to feed this morning, Fiddle greeted me, along with Blue and Boomer....I found it odd Banjo was not among them, but chalked it up to the rain and him probably being too comfy to venture out with the rest of the gang...my gut told me different though....Banjo LOVES his Fiddle...and although Fiddle could probably do well in life without him, he would cease to exist without her around...he loves her THAT much...so I looked around, and called for him...to no avail....and promptly set my mind to 'denial' and went about the day....I was hoping for the best.

When I went out to feed tonight, Fiddle was still alone. I penned her up and did an extensive search of the property. I searched every building, every pasture, the hay fields, under the cars and tractor....I combed over the entire property and found no sign of Banjo anywhere....I checked over Fiddle and Blue for any scratches, cuts or other signs of conflict....nothing....I am going to patrol the woods around our property tomorrow, in the light....I am preparing for the worst.

Worried,
Leah
UPDATE: (12/2) Our neighbourhood has been canvassed, and still no sight of Banjo....please keep your positive thoughts coming! It is possible he just wandered off and got lost....maybe he'll show up once he gets his bearings and finds his way back home. He is wearing a collar with our phone number on it too...

0 comments: