November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Update & Pics!

We're HOME! 3 planes to Cali + 3 planes back = 1 exhausted family!

What a GREAT time we had visiting family and friends though. Our trip started with a not too hurried exit from our casa...We were on time and ready for this change of scenery! Unfortunately, halfway to the airport, I realized I had forgotten my digital camera AND video camera!!! Talk about disappointing....I was distressed, and forced to relinquish dreams of capturing this annual event on any form of presentable media. The only other option we had was my phone....the camera built into my phone, that is! sigh....sorry folks, the following pictures are the result of my absent mindedness! Hope they don't make your eyes cross and hair stand on end! I did photoshop them to the best of my ability to help purty the little boogers up just a tad...still...I am hoping some of our family and friends will send some better pics soon!

One of Little Brat's favorite things is the bus ride to the airplane...she was so excited about it that I could not even get her attention for this pic!


Of course, Little Brat can do things "ALL BY HERSELF" now....she hands off her ticket to the airline steward and is on her way!


What I did not capture on camera was the security fiasco we endured...about halfway through our cross country trek, LB got a bit over-tired, and that means extra-hyper....she attempted to swing from those stretchy pole-to-pole thingies that keep the lines separated...I got her off those before they all came tumbling down and got her focused on getting her shoes off for the x-ray.....she SEEMED occupied with that task, so I turned my head for a moment to take off my own shoes and next thing I know security is hurrying towards us saying "no, no,no!"...."wow", I thought to myself...."people sure are unruly today!"....only to realize .2 seconds later she was actually aiming her distress at MY Little Brat....LB had managed to take off her shoes quicker then a fox in a hen house and make a b-line for some giant spraying contraption beside us...I still do not know what it was...but it sprayed her...and I gathered from security's tone that was NOT an acceptable thing for her to have done.....so, I gather her up and place her behind me...this way, I go thru the metal detector....then LB....then Daddy....well, in all the spray gadget drama, I forgot to remove the orange juice from my purse...we had gotten off a flight with the OJ, and actually had to leave security and then re-enter security just to get on our next ride...sooooooo, security pulls me aside to question me about the liquid....immediately, LB goes shooting through the metal detector....daddy has to call her back, but now he is flagged as a result of her 'diversionary tactics' and also pulled aside for closer checkout....Where does that leave LB? The stinker that started this whole mess? Playing with security, of course....having a grand ole' time at our expense....long story short, we survived, and made it to our next flight....

Once boarded, I found it ironic that the first thing she pulled out of her seat pocket was the safety procedures booklet...she reviewed the instructions thoroughly....describing to me the pics of the airplane in the water and on fire....she didn't buy the water pic though...she knows airplanes are not supposed to be in water....for the fire pic, I was amused as she she explained "You gotta call 911 if there is a fire"...she must have learned that in school!


LB and her sidekick Bixbee got all buckled up for takeoff.....or as LB puts it "BLASTOFF!"...



We arrived in Redding and made tracks to my good friend Kate's place....there, we had dinner with her super cute family! Kate got some great pics of all our brats romping around, so I hope to get a few to post after the Holiday weekend!

We had an opportunity to visit my sister and her family as well...we met her fiance' for the first time, and also her baby boy, Cayden! What a fantastic little man! I was totally taken with all that baby pudge, and had to exhibit extreme self control not to bite, squeeze, and/or pinch at it the entire visit! Just LOOK at those cheeks! BEGGING for a squeezin'!

Here's a pic of baby Cayden with mommy and daddy...

And here is Randi somewhat sharing HIS toys with him....lol....yes, there was a tad bit of jealousy on LB's part for all the attention baby Cayden was getting....especially since Mommy couldn't keep her hands off him! SOMEONE doesn't like to share Mommy too well! Like a good girl though, she can turn on the charm when the camera is on her...


G-G-Ma and G-G-Pa's was our home base for the visit....we shopped and cooked Thanksgiving dinner with Aunt Sandy. My cousin Sarah got in a lot of great play time with LB too....here they are drawing on the driveway with some chalk....no complaints from the neighbors.....yet!



Uncle Casey showed up, and LB took to him like fly's on manure....it must be his resemblance to Gpa Craig, cuz she ran right into his arms when he arrived!

Uncle Travis was also there, and something about him made Randi get all limp and silly.....LOL...every time he picked her up she did THIS...what does that mean???

G-ma Kathy was there to divy out the spoiling between her grand-baby's....yes, LB had to share her too....this was a tough trip for the LB...lots of lessons in SHARING were had!


Last, but not least, G-GMa and G-G-Pa hosted this crazy, rambunctious and unruly crew....I'm not sure how they survived it all, but they were still conscious and breathing when we departed...I checked...they'll need the next year to recover from this visit, I'm sure!


So, with our hearts full of love and appreciation for the family and friends in our lives, we boarded on our plane back to cold and rainy Virginia....we are already looking forward to doing it again next year...except maybe fewer layovers next time around :)


Happy Trails!
The Roehl's

PS...G-Ma Kathy's dog had puppies a few weeks before we arrived....they are Toy Fox Terrier/Miniature Pinscher mixes....as cute as can be! LB was absolutely FIXATED on this little girl in particular....we agreed that if G-Ma did not sell her before Christmans, that Santa may be delivering it to her! Trying out names already....I like "Teeny Turner"...or "Delta Dawn"...or maybe "Cowgirl"....hmmmmmm

0 comments: