November 04, 2008

The Gym Chronicles: MIXED FEELINGS

It's a rough start to our exercising escapades, but we're hanging in there!

DAY 1:

This past Sunday we had an appointment with a personal trainer at our local gym. At this appointment, the personal trainer was to assess our physical conditioning, flexibility, and so on....we showed up, placed the Little Brat in the Kid Zone, and waited....and waited and waited...and spent some time on the floaty run-like machines...and waited....and stole some time on the hydrotherapy massage bed...and you guessed it, WAITED! The personal trainer was a no-show....sigh....JR convinced me to work out with him a little bit on some of the machines, but my heart wasn't in it....I have never been fond of working out on machines, but I did enjoy the time doing something with my old man....When we were ready to leave, I stopped in the Kid Zone to get LB...something didn't smell right though....It really didn't SMELL right....so I check her out, and sure enough her little hiney is covered with dooty....I open the door to the bathroom and there is dooty covered TP strewn from wall to wall...you have to give her a little credit, she TRIED to clean herself up....she IS only knee high to a grasshopper though, and her 'clean-up' skills aren't 100% accurate as of yet.....and her 'teachers' did not know to lend a hand....so we cleaned up a little, apologized for the stench, and headed home....Day one was a disappointment overall, but at least we got familiar with the territory.

DAY 2:

Monday night was our first Pilates Class. I was ready to shake off the doom and gloom of the day prior and get busy! We dropped LB off at the Kid Zone again. This time I brought along her booty wipes and explained to the 'teachers' that she may need their assistance....surely that would prevent any further issues in the potty department....we showed up a bit early so JR and I could get a warm up on that floaty run-like machine before we hit the mats....I learned that I kick spouse booty! I can go further and faster than the old man....GO ME! After a good brisk float, we went to meet our Pilates instructor, grabbed some mats, and got started!
Pilates was just what we were looking for....LOTS of stretching and exercises focused on our abs and backs....some of the stretching and core exercises magnified just how stiff and weak we have become....it will be really great to see how much stronger and more flexible we will get over time....as for the position in the picture above...yeah, we did that....or at least attempted too...my legs were not so straight, and I was definitely not so balanced...I was kinda wobbling back and forth and the expressions on my face was a little less pleasant...OK, a LOT less....but I loved it, and JR got into it too! I am looking forward to our next class on Saturdays.
After class ended, we stopped back by the Kid Zone to pick up LB....here is where our wonderful experience gets a little tainted....much to our surprise and dismay, LB had been having such a great time playing on the behemoth jungle gym, that she waited too long to use the potty and peed all over herself and the slide.... UH-OH! In over a year of being potty trained, she has NEVER had an accident...not ONCE...not even in bed at night! I was so embarrassed, apologetic, and downright flabbergasted, the I scooped her soggy little bottom up, apologized profusely and hustled to the car as fast as I could....When we got home, she got to wear pull-ups to bed as a punishment...you see, pull-ups are for BABIES, and just the thought of her having to wear BABY pants was punishment enough to her....So, this morning when she woke up and got ready for school, she got to take her baby pants off and put her big-girl pants back on...promising to use the potty like a big-girl from now on.....will she? I don't know for sure...But all I can say is that must have been one heck of a good time for her not to want to break for 5 minutes and relieve herself! I don't know if the Kid Zone is going to let her back in after 2 incidents in a row, but I guess a Mommy can ask....we'll see how it goes.

Our next activity on the schedule is Yoga on Wednesdays....we are not sold on it yet, but wanted to get another activity in between Pilates on Mondays and Saturdays, and Yoga was all that we could fit in....stay tuned!

Happy Trails,
Leah

1 comments:

Weishuhn Family said...

I have my first yoga class today at lunch, I will let you know how it goes....I have done pilates before too so I am anxious to see what the differences are...If it can make me look like Madonna then I am all for it...

Poor LB I feel so bad for her, first poop then potty...Maybe she has got that all out of her system!