December 06, 2008

Enjoy the view!

I can be a very resourceful person when I need to be....especially where the safety of our friends and family is concerned....I have been mulling over a means to get our road frontage cleared, without commiting a great deal of $ that we just don't have. You see, we are afflicted with a scary driveway...it sits atop a blind hill, and no amount of signage has slowed down the local traffic to make it safer for us to exit our driveway and onto the road....the feat makes for a very tense 10 seconds filled with terrifying thoughts of what monster (aka. Sammy Speed Monkey) lurked just out of view....Well, we are on our way to safer days now....thanks to the local classifieds....I found an ad for a company willing to come clear your land for free, granted you have the lumber they are looking for....I called, they came out, and they like a small patch of trees in our front hay field....I agreed to let them take the whole lot, in exchange for clearing some of our road frontage...they agreed, and we were on our way to bluer skies and happier days!

Here is a shot of our 'tree island' in the front hay field as they got to work....

Here is a shot after the trees were down, and the stumps and brush were piled and ready to burn.....oh my, MORE to burn....will it EVER end????

Here are some of the logs they gathered off 'tree island'...about 6 semi-trailers total!


And here they are getting started on our road frontage....isn't it scary? Look at those mean tree's mocking me...."I'm mean as can be! You can't see past me!", they taunt....Take them down, take them ALL down!!!



Here's as far as they got....we can finally see down towards the KOA entrance....I would like to finish the remaining 100 feet to the property line, but this was a good start to make it safer in the short term....Look, there's a car!

One thousand ONE, One thousand TWO......One thousand EIGHT! There it is again!

And TEN seconds later it has safely passed......


Yessirree Bob (or Bill, or Joe if you choose), I am feeling more aware of my surroundings and safer my the minute! Thanks Mr. Contractor-Guy-who-put-an-ad-in-the-local-classifieds-to-cut-peoples-trees-for-free!!!! They are also known as Triple H Contracting and charge $1500/acre to clear land if you have lumber that isn't worth their time to cut for free....we had a lot of that too...

Happy Trails!
Leah

0 comments: