December 07, 2008

It's Christmas Party Time!

We aren't a froofy bunch...we don't have lots of fancy clothes, wear lots of expensive products, or spend lots of money pampering ourselves on a frequent basis....once a year though, we make an exception! It's PARTY TIME, and we look forward to it every year....our companies put a lot of time and energy into throwing us a Holiday party each year, and we enjoy them to the fullest extent...I bought me a fancy dress (although I will wear the same one to both parties), JR got a dapper new tie and shirt (although the suit he has owned since we met), I got my nails done (drats...broke a nail on day 1 feeding horses!) , highlighted and up-do'ed my own hair, bought me some shiny new makeup and looky there....aren't we a mighty presentable couple after all?!?!?



One party down, one to go! We enjoyed ourselves at my company party last night, while the brats had a 'parentless' party of their own at the house....I would guess close to 800 were in attendance at this shindig in northern VA! It was a circus! Good food and good friends were in abundance though...looking forward to JR's comparably smaller party this coming weekend that is also closer to home....It will mark an end to our party season, and return to our normal, boring, plain selves...sigh.
Happy Trails,
Leah

1 comments:

Kate Hiller said...

You can't fool me...you two are never more than a minute away from glamour, fame and major headlines!