March 02, 2009

The ugly side of snow....

Yes, it's pretty, and pristine, and I'll have all the pics to prove it when I get home tonight....until then, I thought I'd post a few pics of the ugly side of snow....it's the side you will only see if you have to actually accomplish laborious tasks in an area that once and most frequently is NOT covered in snow....

Take this hill for example....a simple stroll down this hill from the house to the barn on any other day is not even worth noting....however, when snow happens, you take your life into your own hands making that same trek!
Moving the hay and grain by wheelbarrow to all the hungry horses? No big deal any other day! TODAY....after the biggest snow-fall in years, not such an easy task! It's a good thing my brother, Travis, is here to help my poor skinny mom out....she doesn't have a lot of weight behind her, ya know....I bet that wheelbarrow felt 100 lbs heavier than usual!

Here's a view from the inside of the barn...you can see how the snow blew in sideways into the breezeway thru the tiny crack in the doors....Gma Kathy and Boomer have the right idea....let the young buck handle the heavy duty this morning! Thanks Trav!

Seems like the horses are the wise ones...staying inside and out of the snowy misery! Clementine doesn't have a lick of snow on her! She's a smart girl...the rest got to stay in today too....Pony Snow Day!

Stay warm out there! "Pretty" pics to follow this evening!

Happy Trails,

Leah and my super great, all weather, get 'er done barn staff (Gma Kathy & Travis)

0 comments: