August 02, 2011

2011 Virginia Warrior Dash....ENTERED!








One of my favorite physical activities in the Marine Corps was when we'd tackle the obstacle course and race our peers over logs, bars, walls, through mud holes and up ropes for bragging rights...I never met an obstacle I didn't fall in love with! In those days, I didn't think twice about teaming up with my kick-ass girlfriends to run the 13+ hr 134 mile Oahu Perimeter Relay year after year either.





Since then, however, the extent of my workouts have been anything to do with the farm or in the conduct of raising a family...not much time left for my personal fitness.....but all that is about to change! JR and I have committed to a monster obstacle course in October 2012 called the Tough Mudder....this is not a race for the faint of heart! Just like the good ole days.....hehehehe





In preparation, we've entered a smaller race to help get us motivated called the Warrior Dash this October 1st....



A small group of friends will be joining us...maybe we'll see YOU there (we are in the 130pm time slot)?! In order to improve our current fitness level, we've started doing an evening walk/run after the kids go down to bed....so far, so good! A few more weeks and a new pair of shoes and I think we'll be set! I hope.....





Stay tuned for updates and pics...





Happy Health & Fitness....Leah

0 comments: