September 15, 2008

Feeling her age.....

No, that's not a typo in the title. I'm not feeling MY age...I'm feeling HER age!
So here I was, just standing in the barn minding my own business. Water hose in hand. In Silent contemplation of the mysteries of the horses universe. When, OUTA THE BLUE, my knee twitches! It's a bad twitch. The kind of twitch that makes you want to be completely still, for fear of making any slight movement and worsening the twitch. Well, I couldn't just stand there filling that water bucket all day! I had places to be, people to see! OK, I didn't have anywhere else to be, but I sure as heck wasn't going to just stand THERE all day....so, I made a move. A single step towards the faucet. That's when I angered the twitch. I made it real mad! In a second flat, it turned into a full out sprain/pull/pinch/shooting pain right there under/around/on top of my knee cap!!!! I would not normally cause such a fuss over something like this, and I didn't for the first 4 days. By Lord have MERCY, I am going on day 5 and my dagum knee STILL aches!!! Can anyone tell me, PLEASE, who's idea was this whole 'getting older' stuff....In my humble oppinion (IMHO for all you text geeks), I think it stinks!
Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: