September 05, 2008

My new camera...

My dear hubby bought me a new camera for our upcoming camping trip! I could not be more excited! I decided on the Nikon D60, and am very happy with that decision so far! It is super simple to use and the pics are AMAZING!

As soon as I got back from the store with it, I ran outside to try it out on some unsuspecting boarders...hehe



Above is a picture of one of our long time boarders, Fede. She's the bay mare at the fence...I used Photoshop CS to add a hard light to this image. I liked how it made her color 'pop' :)

Gabriel is the handsome paint horse above. He is owned by the same boarder as Fede, but he is a new addition. I used Photoshop CS to add a Gausian Blur to the background on these pics, then applied a layer mask to his face and markings to make them stand out more. Doesn't he look dreamy??? This gorgeous lady is another boarder named "LilBit"...by the look of that sagging lower lip, it must have been a long, greuling, hot and tedious day in her life. I also could not leave well enough alone on this one, and added the hard light in Photoshop to accentuate her 'highlights'...every lady deserves a little 'accentuation' now and then ;)

This is Raven. She's a brat.

Happy Trails!
Leah






0 comments: