September 01, 2009

Anyone out there?

Twice upon a time there was a woman, named Woman. There was a time when Woman actually had time to breathe, but it seems so long ago now. You see, Woman embarked on a challenging trial not so long ago. An excursion, if you will, into professional development, continued education, family expansion, and farm living. The perfect storm was then created, and sucked Woman from the world she once knew to a bustling and hectic place far, far away! From time to time, you may hear the distant cries of Woman, as she strains to find the tranquility she once knew, yet took so much for granted. OK...scratch that...I'm not sure 'tranquil' has ever described my life....I mean Woman's life....but at least she had time to BLOG!

I feel like a blogging failure as of late...I have so much to share though!

I finally completed my work product for my CPLP Certification package...got it off in the mail, treated myself to Chik-Fil-A as a reward, and then took a deep breathe! I will hear back early November on my results...keep your fingers crossed!



I officially enrolled in the University of Phoenix last month to complete my bachelors degree in Multimedia and Visual Design....I wrapped up my first class yesterday! Yeah! Only 23 more to go...sigh...This effort has taken more time and energy than I originally anticipated....online degree programs, at least this one, aren't the easy street I had hoped for...I have pretty significant daily and weekly requirements I must complete....it's actually a lot of work! I have NOT enjoyed the research papers at all, but I do enjoy making progress towards my goal, so I'm hanging in there....



We had our first ultra sound last Monday (7 weeks along), and we have confirmed TWINS on board! Looks like I am going to have to figure out how to do a lot more around the house with my FEET, since my hands are going to be otherwise occupied! Anyone wanna come be my nanny? I make good banana pudding...pretty please!?!?! I am feeling great, and anticipating their arrival! Is it just me, or do they look suspiciously like a jack-o-lantern? hmmmm





Randi lost Fisher II (the fish) in an unfortunate home fogging incident a couple weeks ago...since then, she also lost Fisher III, and is now on Fisher IV...so far, so good! Still, it's only day 2....never underestimate my ability to unintentionally kill my daughters fishies. I am gifted....er cursed! Please keep Fisher IV in your thoughts and prayers...




Gpa Craig was attacked by killer wasps and found swollen up like a hippo within minutes of death....OK, not really...but to hear him tell it....I'm just sayin! His hand is pretty ugly though. I need to get a pic...

I'll try to pop in a little more often now that the circus seems to be settling down...

Happy Trails!
Leah

0 comments: