October 29, 2008

Barn Kids are SCARY...

I don't have any cute way to say this...no gentle way to describe the way I felt this morning when my dearest little brat appeared out of the darkness to greet me half-way through my regular feeding ritual....surprise maybe? shock? terror? all of the above?????

You see, Daddy is out of town this week, so I am on my own when it comes to the chores around here until he returns....I can handle it, really, I can....Until my precious punk pulls one of these moves on me, then I realize that single parenthood is SCARY!!!! And I want Daddy home...like YESTERDAY....cuz I can't handle it!!!!!

Let me back up a little bit so you get the full picture here....I woke up at 515am....rolled out of bed and out the door at about 530am....all is well...all on schedule.....one difference tho, the Little Brat was sleeping with me....that's the norm when Daddy is away....the girls cuddle up and keep each other company.....it's really nice.....then when Daddy gets home, it's back to her big girl bed....no fuss no muss.....it works for us! NORMALLY, it does anyways....What happened THIS morning, is that I must have disturbed the punk out of deep sleep as I left the bed and headed outside to feed the horses....she has ALWAYS slept soundly until I wake her to get ready.....however, about half way thru my rituals, I see the Little Brat come strolling in the barn...out of the dark night, STILL in her footy pajamas!!!!!! My heart skipped a beat...wait, make that 23847289745293 beats! You see, the barn is a couple hundred yards away from the house....and the thought of my precious little pumpkin bum, babe of my loins, daughter of my dreams, and love of my life strolling down the drive all by herself and surrounded by darkness and who knows what other baby hatin' forces....Lordsy Mercy......the words for such a feeling escape me!!!!! i think THIS picture may capture the gist of it tho....

I have been trying to bury this lingering fear all day now...it has taken me over tho! I am on the edge of my seat, holding myself back from going to her daycare right this minute, picking her up, and hugging her tight...just to be SURE she is OK....cuz anything could have happened!!! Am I over reacting??? I'm still freaked out here...

The Mom.

0 comments: