October 03, 2008

Living Room Remodel...HERE WE GO!

PLEASE HELP! What began as a simple task to rehabilitate our outdated, under decorated, slightly neglected living room, has turned into one tormenting decision after another! Let me tell you right now, I STINK at fashion, design, designing fashion, fashioning design, and everything in between....Honestly, I'm terrible....I am NOT exaggerating....so, I enlisted the help of my uber talented, creative and super sweet former co-worker current best friend, KATE! Kate established her very own home decorating business, Simply Beautiful Spaces, and she has done some AMAZING things...If anyone was capable of helping my poor, lost soul, it's Kate!

So, Kate stopped by last weekend with her family and we had a great time hanging out, eating, and talking about the task at hand....my lonesome little living room. Kate came up with some great ideas and has been pestering me all week to get and keep this ball rolling...You see, the thing is, I stink at decorating, or making any worth while decisions regarding decorating...did I mention that? Well, never hurts to reiterate....I am really bad....so now I have to approve of a wall color, decide on a style and color of book cases to flank the mantel, cross reference the furniture to the colors and styles chosen....who KNEW! Kate has diligently coddled me this far, and I hope she realizes she is in for a long, long haul....Don't get me wrong, I AM opinionated (that may be a possible candidate for understatement of the year), but I am also freakishly indecisive...BAD, BAD combo....poor Kate.

Wish us well...here are a couple shots of the living room in distress....note the peeling paint on the mantel, complete lack of usable furniture, barren walls, zero family pictures or even an adequate location to display pictures and knick knacks, insufficient toy storage for Randi's mass plushie zoo. This will hopefully all be fixed...I will follow up in about a month when the damage is done, unless I have expired due to brain swelling first...but before I go, please tell me that whatever decisions I will most hastily make, will be OK in the long run and won't cause me great injury, death or dismemberment....I need some encouragement right now!

Happy Trails,

Leah

0 comments: