October 31, 2008

And STRETCH and two and three and four...


You said it sister! Can I get a Woot-Woot?!?! I could not have described this throb in my head any better....of course, the throbbing in my neck, shoulders, knees and every other inch of my body I can blame on nobody but myself....things like THIS should not be happenening...and we are ready to do something about it!
So, WE DID IT! We broke down and joined our local Sport & Health Fitness Club this week. We have a few, fairly reasonable, slightly intimidating, yet highly encouraging goals in mind....We plan on attending the Pilates type classes offered in the evenings and on the weekend three times per week. The gym has a pretty elaborate kiddie zone for the Little Brat to enjoy while we do our thang too...I took her with me to tour the place and she has asking to go back ever since we left!

Benefits of Exercise to keep in mind....and to remind us that this is for our own good:

  1. It will make us feel better. Honestly, and I am the first to admit this, the gym is a daunting place. But it will get easier. And eventually it really will make us feel better.
  2. Daily exercise improves stamina. (No elaboration necessary. We aren't kids anymore!)
  3. Being in shape (and round is not the shape I'm talking about) is sexy.
  4. Exercise helps control weight. (We hope to be reintroduced to our toes again)
  5. Exercise improves flexibility. (We hope to be able to TOUCH our toes again too)
  6. Competing with yourself (or your spouse) is healthy. May the best man (or woman) win!

Our simple Goals to keep us honest:

  1. Attend stretching and/or core strengthening classes 2-3 times per week.
  2. Increase our flexibility thru monthly assessments.
  3. Increase our core strength thru monthly assessments.
  4. Loose that pesky joint and muscle soreness.
  5. Set a good example of healthy fun & fitness for our family!!!

So, HERE WE GO! Wish us luck...we'll keep you updated on our trials and tribulations...we can't be the only goobers out there trying to regain some of that youthful elasticity to our bodies we once took so stupidly for granted!

Happy Trails,

Leah

0 comments: