October 09, 2008

A Letter from your horse....

...and MINE!!!!



  • When you are tense, let me teach you that there are lions in them thar woods, and we need to leave NOW!

  • When you are short tempered, let me teach you to slog around the pasture for an hour before you can catch me.

  • When you are short sighted, let me teach you to figure out where, exactly, in the 40 acres I am hiding.

  • When you are quick to react, let me teach you that herbivores kick much faster (harder) than omnivores.

  • When you are angry, let me teach you how well I can stand on my hind feet because I don't feel like cantering on my right lead today.

  • When you are worried, let me entertain you with my mystery lameness. (I'm on to you Woodie!)

  • When you feel superior, let me teach you that, mostly, you are the maid service.

  • When you are self absorbed, let me teach you to PAY ATTENTION. Remember? I told you about those lions in them thar woods?

  • When you are arrogant, let me teach you what 1200 lbs. Of "YAHOO LETS GO!" can do when suitably inspired.

  • When you are lonely, let me be your companion. Let's do lunch. Also, breakfast and dinner.

  • When you are tired, don't forget the 600lbs. Of grain that needs to be unloaded.

  • When you are feeling financially secure, let me teach you the meaning of "Veterinary Services".

  • When you need to learn, hang around, bud. I'll learn ya.

Happy Trails,

Leah

0 comments: