October 04, 2008

Yummy in my Tummy: BRAUTS!

I am not a great cook....I am not even a good cook, but I can put out a meal from time to time that leaves my family satisfied and fulfilled....and by time to time, I mean about twice a year....I think I may have hit a gold mine with this simple, delicious recipe though! It's affectionately referred to as the "Braut-Tub"...Me and Braut's don't have much history....I have stayed away from them most of my life, and them me...However, our lives crossed one fateful day not too long ago, thanks to my cookingly gifted sister-in-law...I have never looked at Braut's the same since....can you say DE-licious? Well, you will after you try this.

Here is the super simple cast of characters...

6 cups sliced Onions & Peppers
*you can get these pre-sliced and packaged in the frozen foods section*
2T Horseradish
2T Dijon Mustard
1t Pepper
6 PRE-Cooked Johnsonville Brauts
1 can Beer of choice
I doubled this recipe, and it's easy to do....makes for a great meal when you are having friends over...quick, easy, and very little clean up! If you chose to double the recipe, you will still only need 1 can of beer tho....You begin by placing the sliced onions and peppers in a 9x13 baking/grilling container.
Next, add the Horseradish, Dijon Mustard, and Pepper.
Finally, top off the mixture with your PRE-Cooked Johnsonville Brauts and drown in a can/bottle of beer.
Place your scrumptious creation in the oven at 400 for 30+ minutes, or just stick em' on the grill...the goal is to heat them long enough for the Brauts to soak up the flavor and for the onions and peppers to be soft and supple. Place on a roll or bun of your choice and ENJOY!
Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: