October 18, 2008

Living Room Remodel: UPDATE!

We are past the point of return! Paint is going up, and new furniture is now in. My house has officially been taken over by Kate and her 'help', otherwise known as her hard working sweetheart of a son! To catch up on the whatsup, start reading from the BEGINNING.

My sofa and love seat have come in to replace the old smelly sectional...the are so purty! Lordsy Mercy do I LOVE that new furniture smell! The sofa has a floral base with complimenting patterns and colors on the accent pillows....The love seat was just a filler until the Burgundy version came available, but after seeing it in the room, I'm sold! It's staying! It's a deeper burnt orangy, browny, lovely color...looks great with the aged mahogany bookshelves too....now we are just waiting on the over sized chair to complete the set....we purchased the pieces from Haverty's, and are more than happy with how they turned out...purty AND very very comfy on the hineys....even JR says so! And for a man to even have an opinion on such a non-manly thing such as a living room suite, that must MEAN something...something special if I must say so *patting myself on the back for making such a fantabulous choice. OK, maybe I changed my mind about 23493878498745 times, but my final decision was a good one, and that's all that matters...leave me alone*!


Notice the new bookshelves in front of the green wall...can't wait to see how Kate sets those up with all our crap, oops, I meant, wonderful family mementos. Also notice the wall that is green? I LOVE that green! Makes me think of being surrounded by mossy, earthy, avocado love. The remaining 3 walls will be a slightly more muted shade of green....the trim will all be off-white...my heart flutters so! The mantel is hiding in this shot, but let it be known it looks GRAND in white! I was going to take a pic, but decided to save it as a surprise at the end...it'll be worth the wait! Promise!

UPDATE...light green did not make my hear flutter...I was fond at first, but the longer I looked at it, the faster out of love I fell....broke the news to Kate this morning (the day after) and volunteered to stay home and help paint the darker green on the light green walls...sorry!!!!!

UPDATE x2...Kate is a SAINT, and gave me no trouble at all about changing my mind on the wall color...yeah! Stay tuned!

Happy Trails,
Leah

0 comments: